So the question is, why should you choose an Austin Air purifier over others in the market today? There are several justifications, of course. One of the best reasons, with a proven 30 years track record, Austin Air HealthMate's line of air cleaners is designed for people such as yourself that are concerned about their air quality.
For decades, Austin Air worked closely with some of the country’s leading institutions. For example, in 2000, the US government extensively tested Austin Air Purifiers alongside more than 100 others. The tests confirmed Austin Air Purifiers are the most effective at removing particles, chemicals, and VOCs from the environment.
Health care use during covid19
"I have owned 3 healthmate plus machines for several years. Recently our urgent care clinic started covid testing and we are testing outside but needed a negative pressure room to perform the tests. I tried to purchase a negative pressure machine to no avail.
Then I realized the specifications for the negative air pressure machines are the same as my Austin air machines. So I sent my superiors the information after I spoke with a company rep.
We are now using one of my machines in our testing room! Thank you Austin air! We appreciate the fact that we feel safe to do testing with your machine running in our clinic! We love and appreciate you and all your employees, we feel you are making it safer to do our jobs!" Kaya
Austin Air worked with FEMA and the American Red Cross during some of America’s most challenging times, including 9-11, Hurricane Katrina; Hurricane Sandy; and even the 2015 SoCal gas leak in California.
Austin Air has taken part in several trials and tests with The American Academy of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, John Hopkins University Hospital in Baltimore, and has partnered with the University of Washington to investigate how using their air purifiers can help to reduce asthma symptoms in children.
The benefits of owning an Austin Air
- Quickly remove dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, chemical vapors, gases, viruses, bacteria, and more
- The only air purifier using 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. There are lots of air purifiers using Medical Grade HEPA. But it’s only a fraction of the HEPA that Austin Air uses. This ensures a long filter life and the effective removal of viruses, bacteria, and allergens. The filter traps 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles that measure 0.1 microns and smaller.
- Austin Air uses 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon. Activated Carbon can also be found in lots of other air purifiers. But nothing close to 780 cubic inches. This guarantees your home will be free from chemicals and VOC’s.
- Minimal maintenance, simply vacuum the outer steel outer housing to ensure optimal airflow and a good wipe-down to keep the surface sparkling clean
- The only air purifier with a 5-year filter life. No other air purifier comes close to this. No expensive filter changes, just plug in your Austin and let it run.
- Austin Air purifiers are constructed using solid steel and non-toxic powder-coated paint. No plastic, no polystyrene, no off-gassing.
Backed by the best warranty in the industry, you can take pleasure in knowing you’ve made a sound investment with your Austin Air HealthMate HEPA air cleaner. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
HEPA, which stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air, is a designation used to describe filters that are able to trap 99.97 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns. A HEPA filter is a type of mechanical air filter; it works by forcing air through a fine mesh that traps harmful particles.
According to a study by NASA HEPA filters do have the ability to filter out ultrafine particles <0.01 μm.
Contaminants generated aboard crewed spacecraft by diverse sources consist of both gaseous chemical contaminants and particulate matter.
Both HEPA media filters and packed beds of granular material, such as activated carbon, which are both commonly employed for cabin atmosphere purification purposes have efficacy for removing nanoparticulate contaminants from the cabin atmosphere.The phenomena associated with particulate matter removal by HEPA media filters and packed beds of granular material are reviewed relative to their efficacy for removing fine (<2.5 μm) and ultrafine (<0.01 μm) sized particu-late matter.
Activated Carbon Filtration
What makes carbon or charcoal “activated” is the fact that it has been specially treated with oxygen in order to open up the pores of the carbon atoms. What this does is increases the surface area of the charcoal that allows it to remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs), odors, and other gaseous pollutants from the air.
Once these particles flow through the charcoal, they become attached to the surface and trapped, unable to return back into the air. This results in cleaner, fresher smelling air.
Can Austin Air Cleaner help reduce exposure to the Coronavirus?
According to NASA, an air purifier equipped with a medical-grade HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air)-rated filter can technically capture a portion of airborne virus-sized particles (NASA study). Once trapped, viruses cannot multiply on their own or remain infectious for long.
In another study, atmospheric researchers from Goethe University demonstrated that air purifiers with a class H13 filter (HEPA) can lower aerosol concentration in a classroom by 90 percent within 30 minutes. Because this significantly reduces the risk of airborne infection with SARS-CoV-2, the scientists recommend placing such air purifiers in classrooms.
Please remember - NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.
If you are not sure what size air cleaner is best for your space this blog post explains how to figure out the right size air cleaner for your room.