The Austin Air HealthMate HM400 Air Cleaner set the standard for all other HEPA air cleaners. With a proven 20-year track record, the HealthMate HM400 air cleaners are designed for people that are concerned about their air quality.
An incredibly versatile air purifier, the Austin HM400 uses a unique 4-stage filter and 360° air intake which effectively removes airborne allergens such as mold, dust and pollen as well as also removes odors and smoke. The Austin Air HM400 air cleaner also removes a wide range of VOCs. (volatile organic compounds), chemicals and gases from the air.
All of Austin Air's Healthmate air cleaners are easy to maintain and designed to last for years while removing all air pollutants and delivering the freshest of air.
Austin Air HM400 is designed to clean the air in large spaces measuring up to 1,500 square feet. Proudly made in the U.S.A
Final Updated Austin healtmate from Austin Air on Vimeo.
Austin Air Healthmate Plus with 4 stage filtration:
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g.dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter Removes small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores, and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – About 15 lbs. of potassium iodide-impregnated Activated Carbon and Zeolite Removes chemicals, gases, and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft.of Certified, HEPA Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Warranty Info: 5 years of parts and labor on the machine. 5-year pro-rated on the filter.
- Fan Speeds: Three (3)
- Noise Levels: Speed 1: 50 dB Speed 3: 66 dB
- Unit Size: 23"H x 14.5"W x 14.5"D
- Unit Weight: 47 lbs
- Efficiency: 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 microns
- Filter Life: 5 Years
- Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM): Speed 1: 75 CFM; Speed 2: 200 CFM; Speed 3: 400 CFM
- Motor Type: Permanent Split Capacitor - rated for continuous use at high RPM & long life
- Power Consumption: 1.3 amps. 115W on the highest speed
- Power Supply: 110V - 120V
- Austin Air HM400 replacement filter
For smaller areas, Healthmate Jr. is an ideal choice. Junior Size HM200 models have all the great features of the Austin Air HM400 in a more compact unit for smaller areas. Ideal for a bedroom, office, or kitchen. For more information on the Austin Air HM200 click here.
If you are not sure what size air cleaner is best for your space this blog post explains how to figure out the right size air cleaner for your room.
Can Austin Air Cleaner capture Coronavirus?
An air purifier equipped with a medical-grade HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air)-rated filter can technically capture a portion of airborne virus-sized particles (see NASA study). Once trapped, viruses cannot multiply on their own or remain infectious for long. The HEGA cloth used in their Allergy Machine, Baby's Breath, and Bedroom Machine is also antimicrobial.
Please remember - NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.