Millions of people in the United States suffer from some type of allergies and are always looking for relief or the "perfect" remedy for their symptoms. They are tired of the stuffy nose, watery eyes, cough, sneezing and just want relief from their allergies.
More times than not they turn to non-natural relief, either prescription or OTC medications like Claritin, Allegra or Zyrtec. While these allergy relief drugs work well, they are still drugs.
Many of our customers are asking us to help them find safe, natural ways to treat their allergy symptoms and give them relief because they are worried about the side effects of drugs. They tell us they feel sleepy and groggy when they take their drugs. Another reason they want natural relief is the costs associated with drugs.
The first thing we do is help them understand there are some very simple steps they can take that will "naturally" help eliminate or reduce allergens in their home. Many of these naturally occurring allergens that are floating around are causing their allergy symptoms. They want relief from their allergies just like you do.
- Make your bedroom your safe zone.
- Do your cleaning early in the day so they dust your stir up has a chance to settle before going to bed.
- Remove all dust collectors; books, curtains, upholstered furniture, excess stuffed toys and pillows.
- Freeze stuffed toys for 24 hours and then put in the dryer to remove the allergens.
- Dust furniture with a damp cloth or tee shirt. Throw it in the laundry when done.
- Wash sheets weekly in hot water. 130 degree or hotter.
- Avoid using window fans to cool rooms, they can pull pollen and mold spores indoors.
- Keep windows closed when driving to avoid allergens.
- Limit your time outdoors from August until the first frost. This is when ragweed pollen counts are highest.
- Change your clothes as soon as you get home because they have pollen and other allergens on them.
These are things you can do starting today. They are free. They are natural and they will help relieve and/or reduce your allergy symptoms.
There are also some things you can do that will cost you some money but are still natural and do not require you to take any drugs. While they are not completely natural they will provide allergy relief.
- If you can't remove carpeting then treat it with X-Mite allergy carpet treatment or Allersearch ADMS anti-allergen spray.
- If your hot water is not hot enough you can wash your sheets in either Demite laundry additive, natural tea tree oil formula, or Allerwash allergen wash.
- Cover the mattress, box spring, duvet, feather pillow and pillows with allergy-proof bedding covers. These type of allergy bedding covers will protect you from dust mites, pollen, dander, mold and bed bugs.
Additional Natural Allergy Relief Ideas
N.A.E.T. Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique. NAET is an effective allergy elimination technique. It is painless, natural, non-invasive, quick, effective and gives permanent results. N.A.E.T. is based on the theory that the body has a flow of electrical currents that run through it every day of your life called meridians or energy channels. When the body has an allergic reaction, a blockage occurs in the meridians.
Neti Pots. Naturally rinsing away allergens with saltwater. Neti pots have been used in India for thousands of years to flush the sinuses.
Natural Herbal Allergy Remedies
- Stinging Nettle.Natural antihistamine without the unwanted side effects of dry mouth and drowsiness.
- Eucalyptus. Effectively calms coughs and relieves nasal congestion and is both an antiseptic and a stimulant with expectorant and antibiotic. The powerful vapor from eucalyptus naturally clears congestion and loosens mucus.
- Quercetin.A natural plant-derived compound called a bioflavonoid, has an antihistamine action may help to relieve some allergic symptoms and asthma symptoms.
Before taking a natural herb to treat your allergies, talk with your allergy doctor. Some herbs can have side effects with other herbs and can also have potentially dangerous interactive effects when taken with other over the counter and prescription medicines.
Whether you suffer from seasonal or ongoing allergies, these natural remedies may just help you get by without the use of drugs.
Wishing you the best of health
The Allergy Store