HEGA filtration was first developed for the military as a defense against chemical warfare. HEGA - Activated Military Carbon and Anti-Microbial Cloth remove harmful chemicals and other noxious gases.
Austin Air took that technology added a true medical HEPA filter and created the Allergy Machine air purifier. The Allergy Machine is very effective in removing dirt, dust, pollen, mold spores, and other allergens as well as smoke, chemical fumes, smog, and noxious gases.
Like all Austin Air purifiers, the Allergy Machine is all metal construction and has a powder coat finish. The air cleaner is capable of moving 400 cubic feet of air through the 4 stage HEGA and HEPA filter. The 360° air intake effectively removes airborne allergens such as mold, dust, and pollen as well as also removes odors and smoke.
Austin Air Allergy Machine is designed to last for years while removing all air pollutants and clean the air in large spaces measuring up to 1,500 square feet. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Austin Air Allergy Machine with 4 Stage Filtration
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g.dust, hair, and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter Removes small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores, and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – 60 sq.ft.of Certified, HEPA Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- STAGE 4 – HEGA - Activated Military Carbon and Anti-Microbial Cloth removes harmful chemicals and other noxious gases.
Austin Air Allergy Machine Specifications
- Warranty Info: 5 years parts and labor on the machine. 5 year pro-rated on the filter.
- Fan Speeds: Three (3)
- Noise Levels: Speed 1: 50 dB Speed 3: 66 dB
- Unit Size: 23"H x 14.5"W x 14.5"D
- Unit Weight: 24 lbs
- Efficiency: 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron
- Filter Life: 5 Years
- Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM): Speed 1: 75 CFM; Speed 2: 200 CFM; Speed 3: 400 CFM
- Motor Type: Permanent Split Capacitor - rated for continuous use at high RPM & long life
- Power Consumption: 1.3 amps. 115W on the highest speed
- Power Supply: 110V - 120V
- Allergy Machine replacement filter
- Replacement Pre-filter
For smaller areas, the Austin Air Allergy Machine Jr. is an ideal choice. Junior Size HM205 models have all the great features of the Austin Air HM405 in a more compact unit for smaller areas. Ideal for a bedroom, office, or kitchen.
If you are not sure what size air cleaner is best for your space this blog post explains how to figure out the right size air cleaner for your room.
Can Austin Air Cleaner capture Coronavirus?
An air purifier equipped with a medical-grade HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air)-rated filter can technically capture a portion of airborne virus-sized particles (see NASA study). Once trapped, viruses cannot multiply on their own or remain infectious for long. The HEGA cloth used in their Allergy Machine, Baby's Breath, and Bedroom Machine are also antimicrobial.
Please remember - NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.