What Does TPU Mean
TPU stands for thermoplastic polyurethane. It is our waterproofing material and is one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly options out there.
- TPU is Oeko Tex certified.
- TPU is Greenguard criteria friendly and has passed the applicable internal test. Greenguard standard includes health based criteria for additional chemicals and also requires lower total VOC emissions levels to ensure that products are acceptable for use in environments such as schools and healthcare facilities.
- TPU is a non-toxic and 100% food-safe material. TPU does not contain any chemicals that interfere with endocrine and hormone systems, nor does it contribute to PH change in soil or water. It contains no dangerous ingredients according to REACH Compliance (EC) No 1907/2006.
- It is FDA approved, safe for babies, used in diapers and more....
- There is no outgassing as it is solvent-free, not chemically treated, and it is fully biodegradable.
- TPU's "breathability" refers to its ability to circulate the air and at the same time trapping the moisture/perspiration. TPU does it better than PUL or Nylon.
- It also beats other waterproof options.
From our R&D, TPU is the least "plastic" feeling waterproof material comparing to PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) or Nylon.