Like the Austin Air Healthmate, the Austin Air Healthmate Plus™ Air Purifier gives you reliable protection against a variety of airborne contaminants, from common household allergens to smoke and chemical odors. The mechanical specifications are identical to the Austin Air HealthMate HM400 HEPA Air Cleaner.
The Healthmate Plus™ is designed for the removal of volatile organic compounds, ammonia, formaldehyde, toluene, and other harmful chemicals. The Austin Air HealthMate Plus™ offers unparalleled filtration for the removal of these and other vapors.
Classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a "probable human carcinogen" formaldehyde exposure causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat and may aggravate existing respiratory conditions. The Healthmate Plus absorbs and contains formaldehyde odors along with symptom-triggering allergens and other airborne odors from large spaces up to 1,500 square feet.
The Austin Air Healthmate Plus™ has an all-steel body and a Permanent Split Capacitor motor - rated for continuous use at high RPM & long life. The Healthmate Plus motor draws less current and reduces your operating costs by 50% when compared to other air purifiers.
The HealthMate Plus™ addresses the complete spectrum of air cleaning, removing sub-micron particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the HealthMate Plus™, passing it through a 4-stage filter.
Austin Air Healthmate Plus™ is designed to clean the air in large spaces measuring up to 1,500 square feet. Proudly made in the U.S.A
Austin Air Healthmate Plus with 4 stage filtration:
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g.dust, hair, and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter Removes small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores, and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – About 15 lbs. of potassium iodide impregnated Activated Carbon and Zeolite Removes chemicals, gases, and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of Certified HEPA Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Warranty Info: 5 years parts and labor on the machine. 5 year pro-rated on the filter.
- Fan Speeds: Three (3)
- Noise Levels: Speed 1: 50 dB Speed 3: 66 dB
- Unit Size: 23"H x 14.5"W x 14.5"D
- Unit Weight: 47 lbs
- Efficiency: 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron
- Filter Life: 5 Years
- Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM): Speed 1: 75 CFM; Speed 2: 200 CFM; Speed 3: 400 CFM
- Motor Type: Permanent Split Capacitor - rated for continuous use at high RPM & long life
- Power Consumption: 1.3 amps. 115W on the highest speed
- Power Supply: 110V - 120V
- Healthmate Plus replacement filter
For smaller areas, the Healthmate Plus™ Jr. is an ideal choice. Junior Size HM250 models have all the great features of the Austin Air HM450 in a more compact unit for smaller areas. Ideal for a bedroom, office, or kitchen. For more information on the Austin Air HM250 click here.
Can Austin Air Cleaner capture Coronavirus?
An air purifier equipped with a medical-grade HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air)-rated filter can technically capture a portion of airborne virus-sized particles (see NASA study). Once trapped, viruses cannot multiply on their own or remain infectious for long. The HEGA cloth used in their Allergy Machine, Baby's Breath, and Bedroom Machine is also antimicrobial.
Please remember - NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.