The Austin Air Allergy Machine Junior, just like regular Allergy Machine, is the only air cleaner on the market that uses HEGA (High-Efficiency Gas Absorption) filtration.
HEGA filtration was first developed for the military as a defense against chemical warfare. Austin Air took that technology added a true medical HEPA filter and created the Allergy Machine. The air cleaner is very effective in removing dirt, dust, pollen, mold spores and other allergens as well as smoke, chemical fumes, smog and noxious gases.
Like all Austin Air air cleaners, the junior Allergy Machine is all metal construction and has a powder coat finish. The air cleaner is capable of moving 200 cubic feet of air through the 4 stage HEGA and HEPA filter. The result, more clean air delivered faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
Austin Air Allergy Machine Junior with 4 stage filtration:
STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g.dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter Removes small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – 30 sq.ft.of Certified, HEPA Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
STAGE 4 – HEGA - Activated Military Carbon Cloth The final stage of filtration of the Austin Air Allergy Machine removes harmful chemicals and other noxious gases.
Austin Air Allergy Machine Specifications
- Warranty Info: 5 years parts and labor on the machine. 5 year pro-rated on the filter.
- Fan Speeds: Three (3)
- Noise Levels: Speed 1: 50 dB Speed 3: 66 dB
- Unit Size: 16"H x 11"W x 11"D
- Unit Weight: 24 lbs
- Efficiency: 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron
- Filter Life: 5 Years
- Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM): Speed 1: 75 CFM; Speed 2: 125 CFM; Speed 3: 200 CFM
- Motor Type: Permanent Split Capacitor - rated for continuous use at high RPM & long life
- Power Consumption: 1 amp. 80W on the highest speed
- Power Supply: 110V - 120V
- ADD Wheels for additional $35.00
For larger areas, the regular Allergy Machine is an ideal choice. For more information on the regular Austin Air Allergy Machine.
Can Austin Air Cleaner capture Coronavirus?
An air purifier equipped with a medical-grade HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air)-rated filter can technically capture a portion of airborne virus-sized particles (see NASA study). Once trapped, viruses cannot multiply on their own or remain infectious for long. The HEGA cloth used in their Allergy Machine, Baby's Breath and Bedroom Machine is also antimicrobial.
Please remember - NO air purifier can completely protect you from a virus.