Sourced from humanely sheared sheep, Molly's Suds Wool Dryer Balls are compostable and antimicrobial, naturally softens fabrics, and are great for all laundry, including towels, comforters, clothing, baby laundry, delicates and cloth diapers. Because the wool does not coat the fibers of fabrics with toxins, like conventional fabric softeners do, it does not help to prevent static cling; however, try one of our handy tips below to combat the static. This produce is safe for all dryers.
Helpful Tips for Dealing with Static Cling:
- Add 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to your rinse cycle, in place of fabric softener in the cup
- Add 2-3 extra large safety pins to old socks and keep them in the dryer – the metal helps break static bonds
- Try wetting the wool dryer balls or a wash cloth and adding to the dryer for 3-4 minutes because the moisture breaks static bonds
- After about 3-5 minutes of dryer time, pull out fleece, sweat pants, and workout apparel to air dry, while continuing to dry the fabrics that do not create static.
- Almost 90% of the time, static is caused by fleece and other synthetic fibers, like rayon, microfiber, fleece, polyester and “blends”.
Comprised of hand-felted 100% New Zealand wool, certified cruelty free by Leaping Bunny.