My Cart

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Category
Shop By

Shopping Options

Manufacturer
  1. ProLabs (1)
Price
  1. $0.00 - $9.99 (3)
  2. $10.00 and above (1)

Mold & Mildew Control

Mold & Mildew Control

Not all molds can cause health problems and not all health problems seemingly mold-related are caused solely by mold.

 

Here are questions on the basics of indoor mold and its known adverse effects and answers from Sandy McNeeI, research scientist for the environmental and occupational disease control division at the Department of Health Services, and Dr. Jay Portnoy, a spokesman on indoor mold for the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology:


Q. What is mold?

A. Molds are a type of fungus. They produce tiny spores to reproduce. When these spores land on damp areas Indoors, they may begin growing. They can grow In areas that are not readily visible, such as between furniture and walls. You can control indoor mold growth by controlling the moisture in your home.


Q. What should I do if I suspect mold exposure is affecting my health?

A. You can take these measures:

  1. Clean contaminated areas with dish detergent mixed with water and wipe off the mold. Wear protective clothing, Including rubber gloves for particulate removal (available at hardware stores). If the contamination is severe and cannot be removed by cleaning, you may need to replace the contaminated part.
  2. Check and repair any moisture seepage or leaks. If your symptoms persist, ask your primary care physician for a referral to an allergist who can treat you appropriately.
  3. Get a referral to a reputable environmental health specialist who can visit your home.

4 Item(s)

per page

Grid  List 

Set Descending Direction